gnu c++ min and max extensions

From: Sasa Petrovic
Subject: gnu c++ min and max extensions
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:09:21 -0800 (PST)

I remember reading that there are C++ extensions in g++ that allow for
the following syntax:

int i = a <? b;

which should assign i the minimum of a and b. However, trying to
compile:

int main(void)
{
        int i = 1, j = 2;
        i <?= j;
}

gives me a syntax error:
main.cpp: In function ‘int main()’:
main.cpp:4: error: expected primary-expression before ‘?’ token
main.cpp:4: error: expected primary-expression before ‘=’ token
main.cpp:4: error: expected `:' before ‘;’ token
main.cpp:4: error: expected primary-expression before ‘;’ token

What happened to these extensions (are they still around)?  Btw I'm
using GCC version 4.2.4