Re: Help with Hand-Optimized Assembly

From: Bill Woessner
Subject: Re: Help with Hand-Optimized Assembly
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:30:01 -0000

It appears to be a C vs. C++ issue.  If I compile the code with gcc
(and a .c extension), it works fine.  If I compile with g++, it fails
with this error:

AngleDiff.cc: In function ‘double DiffAngle(double, double)’:
AngleDiff.cc:20:8: error: memory input 3 is not directly addressable

However, it DOES work if TWO_PI is declared static (but not static
const).  I also tried compiling with -fkeep-static-consts, which
didn't help either.

Thanks,
Bill