help-gsasl

Patch for native Win32 Digitalmars C Compiler support

From: Robert M . Münch
Subject: Patch for native Win32 Digitalmars C Compiler support
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 18:37:07 +0200

Hi, in the attachment I submit a DIFF against current HEAD version that will make the code compile with the Digitalmars C compiler on Windows.

There are some rough edges done by me to get it work. I'm sure you can make changes to the overall project setup in a more convenient way. This rough steps are mostly necessar because of non-autoconf tool-chain on Windows.

Comments:
1. I renamed gl/base64.c to gl/gl_base64.c
Justification: It's not good practice to use the same filename for files with different content.

2. I attached the makefile for the library ONLY containing DIGEST-MD5 support. Because that's what I need. Important are the DEFINES on the commandline to get it to work.

3. I'm using an empty fake "configure.h" file that's normally generated by the autoconf-tool chain but won't exists on native Windows. This should somehow directly be covered in the source.

I hope this helps the project. With the patches it's possible to build GSASL directly on windows without any Cygwin or MingW toolchain.

Best regards.

--
Robert M. Münch
Mobile: +49 (177) 245 2802