help-gsasl

Re: jabberd2 sasl auth with gsasl, gss and shishi

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: jabberd2 sasl auth with gsasl, gss and shishi
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:54:28 +0100

Andrés More <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to put together latest versions of jabberd2, gsasl, gss and shishi.
> I would like to authenticate XMPP clients accessing Jabberd2 thru Kerberos.
>
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/shishi/shishi-1.0.0.tar.gz
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gss/gss-1.0.1.tar.gz
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.6.1.tar.gz
>
> I've manually compiled all the stuff, 'make check' is passing
> everywhere [1], I've setup a shisa DB and I can use shishi to get
> tickets as expected. However when trying to use Jabberd2 SASL it won't
> list GSSAPI or GS2-KRB5 as available mechanisms.
>
> I think I've isolated the issue by using the gsasl command [2]. It is
> not listing GSSAPI when asking for --server-mechanisms. I've tried to
> follow the code callbacks in gsasl and gss without success...
>
> What can I do to find out more troubleshooting information? I've read
> most of what I've found in the web but I'm still lost [3]. I apologize
> in advance if I'm not reaching the right mailing list.

Have you created a Kerberos servtab for the server?  The GSS-API server
checks whether there is a secret key file for it, and if there is none,
it disables itself.  Normally you should have /etc/shishi.keys with a
key for the service, which in your test below would be named
'xmpp/gentoo'.

Thanks for testing!  I know documentation on setting up a Shishi-based
server could be better, improvements are welcome if you figure it out.

/Simon