help-gsasl

Re: gsasl 1.6.2

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: gsasl 1.6.2
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 01:32:59 +0100

Bruno Haible <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
>> http://daily.josefsson.org/gsasl/gsasl-1.6.2.tar.gz

> Linux/x86_64
> Linux/IA-64
> MacOS X 10.5
> FreeBSD 6.4
> OpenBSD 4.9
> Solaris 8, 9
> Cygwin 1.7.9
>
> All 19 tests passed, all gnulib tests passed.

Thanks for testing!

> NetBSD 5.1/x86
>
> gsasl_random 3: SASL mechanism called too many times
> gsasl_random memcmp fail
> gsasl_nonce
> gsasl_random
> gsasl_md5
> gsasl_hmac_md5
> gsasl_sha1
> gsasl_hmac_sha1
> Self test `./crypto' finished with 2 errors
> FAIL: crypto

Ouch!  There is at least one real bug here, the first error code is
incorrect.

What does `grep DEVICE lib/config.h' print on that system?  Are the
devices readable?

Did the lib/gltests really succeed?  Some of the errors above are
somewhat strange if that were the case.

> AIX 7.1
>
> out of memoryout of memorySelf test `./readnz' finished with 2 errors
> FAIL: readnz

Here malloc returned NULL -- any chance you were out of memory when
building?  I fixed the messages so they contain newlines.

More later...

/Simon