help-gsasl

Re: Malicious Link Reported by Chrome

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Malicious Link Reported by Chrome
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 15:28:15 +0200

Greg Vogel <address@hidden> writes:

> All URLs to josefsson.org <http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/> are reported
> as suspicous because Google scans have found ~29 Trojans on the site. Your
> link is at
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/manual/html_node/Installing-under-Windows.html#Installing-under-Windows.
> You may have others.

This is surprising -- is there any evidence this is anything but a false
positive?  What file contains what malware?  All files should be PGP
signed, and the build process is in the released GNU SASL package, and
the releases are prepared on a completely free OS (Debian).  So I'm
curious how something bad could have ended up in them.

/Simon