help-gsasl

Re: old compilation problem in gsasl, still in 1.8.1

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: old compilation problem in gsasl, still in 1.8.1
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 15:52:54 +0100

Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> writes:

> Hi!
>
> pkgsrc has had a patch for gsasl for a long time. When I tried
> removing it for the 1.8.1 update, I found it's still needed, at least
> on NetBSD-current.
> I think the /usr/include/gssapi/gssapi.h file is from heimdal 7.7.0.

Hi Thomas.  Thanks for the report.  I was able to reproduce this with
Heimdal on Debian.  Hopefully it will be fixed for NetBSD too with this
commit:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gsasl.git/commit/?id=8f7a5830c8912b410c5bb28dd776305238fa4d8a

I want to enable GitLab CI/CD testing of GNU SASL on NetBSD, which would
help catch regressions for NetBSD in the future, but unfortunately I
wasn't able to get it to work.  If you or anyone else knows of NetBSD
docker images that works with GitLab CI/CD, please let me know,
alternatively help work on the following issue that I reported:

https://github.com/madworx/docker-netbsd/issues/26

/Simon