Re: [Help-gsl] compile gsl for microsoft visual c++ 6.0

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] compile gsl for microsoft visual c++ 6.0
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:30:59 +0000

Ana Pereira writes:
 > I've made the download of gsl (version GSL-1.4). My idea was
 > working with de library gsl in de microsoft visual studio c++ 6.0.
 > But, infortunaly, I can't compile the version.  I have the version
 > GSL-1.4 unpacked. But I don't know what I must do next. Does
 > someone know how can I solve this problem? If there is, please tell
 > me how.

Hi,

The source code is for Unix systems.  Compiling with Microsoft Visual
studio is not supported directly -- it requires building the library
on Unix first.  The full procedure is described in the HACKING file in
the CVS archive, see http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/

Details of alternative methods, such as using Cygwin or getting a
precompiled version on CDROM, are also available from the same URL.

regards,

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd