Re: [Help-gsl] more than one submatrix of the same matrix?

From: Eduardo Zacarías B.
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] more than one submatrix of the same matrix?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:17:10 +0200

Hi!

Yep, luckily I had come to the same conclusion, about the view in the satck being overwritten. However, the code compiles and runs. I hope that the compiler would have stopped me!

Anyway, making separate view objects and taking the pointer from them solves the problem.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Eduardo

Brian Gough wrote:
"Eduardo Zacarías B." writes:
 > gsl_matrix *secondRow = &gsl_matrix_submatrix(mat,1,0,1,mat->size2).matrix;

Hello,

Making a pointer to the return value of a function is not allowed in
C.  The return value is on the stack and will be overwritten.

You need to copy the return value (see the LU example in the Linear
Algebra chapter of the manual (2nd ed, p187)).

regards