[Help-gsl] Problem with compiled GSL file

From: David Green
Subject: [Help-gsl] Problem with compiled GSL file
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:35:55 -0700 (PDT)

hello,

I have installed GSL 1.5 on my Apple G4 running OS
10.2.6, and I have just compiled the example program
in the GSL manual, but I cannot get the executable to
run.  For some reason, the executable is being saved
under the "root" user, which of course denies me
access since I am not logged in as root, and even when
I logon as root, (i.e., sudo ./example.o) - this
returns the message, "Command not found".  This is
interesting in light of the fact that the command 'ls
-l' shows the example.o file in the working directory.

Could someone please give me advice on how to change
the permissions on the gcc compiler or in the gsl
libraries to save the executable file with me as the
user instead of the root user.

Thanks,

David Green