[Help-gsl] "Bus Error" with gcc-compiled GSL file

From: David Green
Subject: [Help-gsl] "Bus Error" with gcc-compiled GSL file
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have just installed GSL-1.5 on my Powerbook G4 (OS
10.2.6) and I have tried to run the example program
using the bessel J0 function at the beginning the the
GSL manual.  I get a "Bus error" when I try to run the
executable, ./example.o.  I have compiled example.o
using the compiling and linking options listed in the
manual: 1) gcc -I/usr/local/include -c example.c ; and
2) gcc -L/usr/local/lib example.o -lgsl -lgslcblas
-lm.

Would this be considered a bug?  Does anyone have any
insight into solving this problem?

Thanks,

David Green