[Help-gsl] SVD problem

From: Kaustubh Patil
Subject: [Help-gsl] SVD problem
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:39:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
 I am using SVD routines of GSL on a symmetric matrix. I tested all the three
routines available but the answers are all diffrent (in sign of one or two
columns of matrix V). Moreover none of them matches with the MATLAB answer. Is
that a bug?

I am using the GSL(1.4) with DEV-C++(4.9.9.0). Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Kaustubh Patil

The test matrix is:
    1.0000   -0.1420   -0.1031
   -0.1420    1.0000   -0.1657
   -0.1031   -0.1657    1.0000

Kaustubh Patil
Project Assistant - II,
CEPD,
National Chemical Laboratory,
Pune - 08, INDIA

kaustubhp_in AT yahoo DOT com
(kaustubhp AT sancharnet DOT in ; for academic)