Re: [Help-gsl] Using gsl_ran_gaussian

From: John Lamb
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Using gsl_ran_gaussian
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:16:31 +0100

harish vutukuru wrote:
Hello,

I wold need to generate few the (real)numbers lying in a range[a,b]
with mean 'mu' and varinace 'va' based on gaussian distributuion. I
know that gsl_rand_guassian provides numbers from -infinity to
+infinity for a particular mean and variance.

It would be vey useful to me if someone can tell me how to generate
them when the range is not -infinity to +infinity

Truncate them. Alternatively, you could try using a beta distribution.

--
JDL