[Help-gsl] Overflow problem with Laguerre polynomials

From: Jens Koch
Subject: [Help-gsl] Overflow problem with Laguerre polynomials
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:06:44 +0200

Hello,

I have installed GSL on a windows machine and it seemed to be running fine,
except for the following issue which I don't know how to fix:

I'm using the following code to calculate Laguerre polynomial values -

#include <iostream>

#include <gsl\gsl_sf_laguerre.h>

using namespace std;

int main()

{

   gsl_sf_result result;

   int status = gsl_sf_laguerre(2, 1.0, 16.0, &result);

   cout << result.val;

   system("PAUSE");

   return 0;

}

The program compiles correctly, but the program terminates with the
following runtime error:

gsl: laguerre.c:96: ERROR: overflow

Thanks for any piece of advice.

Best regards,

jens

Jens Koch,  <http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~kochj>
www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~kochj
HOME: Fehrbelliner Str. 36, 10119 Berlin, GERMANY
phone: ++49 (0)30 44 32 88 12
OFFICE: Freie Universitaet Berlin, Department of Physics, room 1.4.01
 phone: ++49 (0)30 838 514 22
fax      : ++49 (0)30 838 574 22
 ** PLEASE NOTE: **
- Persons calling from the US (Pacific Time): PLEASE consider the plus 9 h
time lag!
- Use  <mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden  for private
emails,
   <mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden for