Re: [Help-gsl] Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors

From: Kenneth Geisshirt
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:30:58 +0100

Alexander Maclennan wrote:

Why do the eigensystem functions only work for symmetrical matrices?

The code is very different. It is a completely different problem.

What do I need to do to solve for a non-symmetrical, real valued matrix
?

About a year ago I voluntered to write it. And about 2 weeks ago I finally begun implementing it. I have a few hard deadlines in December so you might have to wait a couple of months.

If you're interested you're welcome to download my old numerical code - see http://kenneth.geisshirt.dk/software/

--
Kenneth Geisshirt, M.Sc., Ph.D.   --   http://kenneth.geisshirt.dk/
"Piracy is not a technological issue. It's a behavior issue."