[Help-gsl] relocation error: ./example: undefined symbol: gsl_cdf_chisq_

From: Joshua Knowles
Subject: [Help-gsl] relocation error: ./example: undefined symbol: gsl_cdf_chisq_Q
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:32:18 +0000

Hi there,

I just installed gsl. Everything passed all checks on the install. Then I ran
the first example program on the gsl page. That compiled, linked and ran
fine.

Then I added

#include <gsl/gsl_cdf.h>

and the two lines:

  y=gsl_cdf_logistic_P(33.0,24.0);
  printf("%g\n", y);

This also compiles and links fine:

$ gcc -I/usr/local/include -c example.c
$ gcc -L/usr/local/lib example.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm -o example

But doesn't run !

$ ./example
J0(5) = -1.775967713143382920e-01
./example: relocation error: ./example: undefined symbol: gsl_cdf_logistic_P

What is this error? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks a lot,

--
Joshua Knowles .. address@hidden
BBSRC David Phillips Fellow

10th online World Conference on Soft Computing (WSC10)
http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/wsc10/