[Help-gsl] Complex numbers - how?

From: Anders Misfeldt
Subject: [Help-gsl] Complex numbers - how?
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:12:50 +0100

Hi,

I have a program where I calculate an ugle integral. In the integral I'm having

(1/(x^2-1))^{3/2}

and my x is lower than 1! But since it's taking to the power of 3/2 I should still get a real number. But GSL (at least I think) probably returns this number as a complex number with 0 in the imaginary part. My problem is now to get the real part written out. I've tried with this test:

GSL_SET_COMPLEX(&ztest, 3, 4);
GSL_REAL(ztest);
printf("%g",ztest);

but I get the following error:

error: request for member `dat' in something not a structure or union

What am I doing wrong?

Anders