Re: [Help-gsl] extern vector

From: Joakim Hove
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] extern vector
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:13:43 +0100

George Kyriakou <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> it may be a simple question:
>
> 1. In the code below (that compiles cleanly) I pass two variables by
> value in a function that takes pointers as arguments, and I still get
> the desired results. Is this normal?

Well, assuming you talk of the AlterVector function, it expects a
pointer and you pass a pointer. v1 and v2 are *pointers* to gsl_vector
"objects".

> 2. How could I access vector v2 within AlterVector ? The commented
> line produces "Undefined symbols: _v2".

Well, personally I would do it with the following function header:

void AlterVector(gsl_vector *v1, const gsl_vector *v2) {
   /* Code altering v1 and *only* reading v2.*/
}

--
Joakim Hove
hove AT ift uib no