[Help-gsl] wavelet transform

From: Montaine BERNARD
Subject: [Help-gsl] wavelet transform
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:49:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I've just discover the GSL and it looks very interesting. I would like to
use the wavelet transform, but I am not sure how to use it.

I have a 1D signal (power over time) and I would obtain its time-frequency
representation, with the continuous Morlet wavelet if possible (I have
seen the patch in the bug-gsl).

For instance I have a vector (length 5000, sample frequency 250) and I
want to obtain the description of all frequencies (for instance 5-15Hz)
over time. It means, I suppose, to obtain a matrix 5000*n and n depends of
the frequency band I choose (here 5-15Hz, so ... what should be n ?).

So my question is, which function can I use to obtain this time-frequency
map and what parameters should I put ?

I send you one sample signal, length 5000, sample frequency 250, short
binary values.

Thanks for your help

--
Montaine BERNARD