Re: [Help-gsl] better generator for gaussian random numbers

From: Jochen Voss
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] better generator for gaussian random numbers
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:39:18 +0100

Hi Brian,

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 03:49:29PM +0100, Brian Gough wrote:
> Thanks for your email.  Yes, I am interested in adding the Ziggurat
> method.  First step would be for you to make a webpage for your .c
> file so that people can try it out--I'll make a link to it from the
> main GSL page.
Great!  I put something up on http://seehuhn.de/comp/ziggurat/ .
Is the page ok in this form?  Should I add something?

> Also some way of stress testing it or example of how it was tested
> would be useful.
On my web page I have now a speed comparison, comparing my implementation
with the methods currently in gsl.  I also provide a program which you
can use to perform several statistical tests on my implementation.
Please let me know what you think.

All the best,
Jochen
--