[Help-gsl] Problems when linking libgsl.a in program using gsl_matrix_us

From: Johan De Keuster
Subject: [Help-gsl] Problems when linking libgsl.a in program using gsl_matrix_ushort.h
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:19:47 +0200

Hi,

I have the following problem. I want to make a matrix containing the first
frame of a movie stored in binary format. Everything seems to work, but at the
end when linking I get the following messages:

C:\cygwin\usr\local\lib\libgsl.a(error.lo)(.text+0x43) In function `gsl_error':

[Linker error] undefined reference to `__getreent'

[Linker error] undefined reference to `__getreent'

[Linker error] undefined reference to `__getreent'
C:\cygwin\usr\local\lib\libgsl.a(stream.lo)(.text+0x82) In function
`gsl_stream_printf':

[Linker error] undefined reference to `__getreent'
C:\cygwin\usr\local\lib\libgsl.a(stream.lo)(.text+0xd1) In function
`gsl_set_stream':

[Linker error] undefined reference to `__getreent'
C:\cygwin\usr\local\lib\libgsl.a(stream.lo)(.text+0xd1) ld returned 1 exit
status
D:\users\johan\diversen\courses\Cpp\programs\Makefile.win [Build Error]
[Read_frames2.exe] Error 1

The .cpp file I want to compile is the following:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_matrix_ushort.h>
//#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>
#include <time.h>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  gsl_matrix_ushort* m = gsl_matrix_ushort_alloc(96, 96);
  time_t start,end;
  time(&start);
  FILE* input;
  input=fopen("Test_160905_fps.xvi","rb");
  fseek(input,1024,0);
  gsl_matrix_ushort_fread(input,m);
  fclose(input);
  cout << gsl_matrix_ushort_get(m,45,45) << endl;
  time(&end);
  double dif = difftime(end,start);
  cout << dif << endl;
}

I did compile this using Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 (on Windows 200 platform), with
explicitly linking the libraries "C:/cygwin/usr/local/lib/libgslcblas.a" and
"C:/cygwin/usr/local/lib/libgsl.a".
Obviously there is a fault in the library file when taking care of the error
handling "gsl_errno.h".
I can however not find an undefined reference to "__getreent".

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks and kind regards,
Johan