Re: [Help-gsl] problems running GSL

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] problems running GSL
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:12:54 +0200

Sep 26, 2005 kl. 5:13 AM skrev Nicolás Quesada:

Hi . I have a problem with GSL: when I try to make a program that uses
any function defined in the package I receive this message in the shell:

/tmp/ccxeGO35.o(.text+0x39): En la función `main':
: undefined reference to `gsl_poly_complex_workspace_alloc'
/tmp/ccxeGO35.o(.text+0x5a): En la función `main':
: undefined reference to `gsl_poly_complex_solve'
/tmp/ccxeGO35.o(.text+0x6b): En la función `main':
: undefined reference to `gsl_poly_complex_workspace_free'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

when i try use the functions gsl_poly_complex_workspace_alloc and in
general with all the functions of the gsl. I downloaded de rpm file.
and the program don't compile.
 this don't happend when I use constants like
GSL_CONST_MKSA_SPEED_OF_LIGHT or things like that
I have SUSE Linux 9.2 and gcc 3.3.4. and gsl 1.5-3.1

I would like to have your help

Nicolás Quesada
<address@hidden>

The option -lgsl must be added to the coorect position when linking.
The proper place to add it is AFTER your .o files.
Exactly the same problem occured to me recently, with the C++ runtime library for
a tool called antlr.

"Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"