[Help-gsl] newbie_question_trying hard to get GSL to work with MATLAB

From: Changsoon Choi
Subject: [Help-gsl] newbie_question_trying hard to get GSL to work with MATLAB
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:09:34 +0900

Dear help-gsl

I got a problem using GNU scientific library GSL under Cygwin_5.0.

My GSL is 1.7, and installed together with CYGWIN_NT5.0. I compiled with
Cygwin gcc test to some example programs in gsl manual. No errors at all.

I am trying to use GSL in a MATLAB mex function. I compile C program
(interpolation problem) with Matlab C complier LCC C (version 2.4). I have
linked all the libraries but am getting the undefined reference.

My question is, if I do get GSL libraries to link to my C code when I
compile, will I be able to use Matlab 7.0 (under MS Windows XP) to call the
dlls that I create? I will have to compile them somehow using the Matlab
libraries, I assume. Can this be done easily?  Thank you very much for your
help!

//Error message

interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined reference to '_gsl_interp_accel_alloc'
interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined reference to
'_gsl_interp_cspline_periodic' interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined
reference to '_gsl_spline_alloc' interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined
reference to '_gsl_interp_accel_find' interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined
reference to '_gsl_interp_linear' interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined
reference to '_gsl_interp_cspline' interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined
reference to '_gsl_interp_akima' interp_gain_mex.obj .text: undefined
reference to '_gsl_interp_akima_periodic' interp_gain_mex.obj .text:
undefined reference to '_gsl_spline_init' interp_gain_mex.obj .text:
undefined reference to '_gsl_spline_eval' interp_gain_mex.obj .text:
undefined reference to '_gsl_spline_free' interp_gain_mex.obj .text:
undefined reference to '_gsl_interp_accel_free'//

Changsoon Choi

TRUEMboile Co., Ltd

5th floor Han-Ju B/D, 366-7 Yatap-dong,

Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-Do