[Help-gsl] Cannot find routines in gsl.

From: KENNETH.MCFARLANE
Subject: [Help-gsl] Cannot find routines in gsl.
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:05:33 -0500

I'm trying to use gsl under Cygwin.  I have done it two ways:

1) Downloading v1.6 from the gsl site, compiling and installing in
/usr/local

2) Updating my installation to include version 1.7 of gsl from a mirror
site, installing in /usr.

My first test was to copy gsl-histogram.c to my home directory, and try
to run it from there.  Gcc could not find the gsl entry points in either
library (see attached).  Doing ar -t on either library (libgsl.a) did
not show histogram or linalg entries (ar -t libgsl.a | grep hist, ar -t
libgsl.a | grep linalg).  However, the histogram and linalg include
files are in the ../include directory.

I am running Cygwin under WinXP Pro SP2.

Any suggestions?

Ken McFarlane

Hampton University