Re: [Help-gsl] Problems with #include options in GSL

From: Martin Jansche
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Problems with #include options in GSL
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:37:41 -0500

On 11/22/05, Joseph Wakeling <address@hidden> wrote:
> Header include commands for GSL invariably take the form of, say,
>
> #include <gsl/gsl_rng.h>
>
> but the header file concerned is usually not actually located in the
> gsl/ directory, so the compiler fails to find it.

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Did you do "make
install"? That should put the header files in /usr/local/include (e.g.
/usr/local/include/gsl/gsl_rng.h) by default (unless you specify a
different prefix during configuration), so you'd compile with
-I/usr/local/include.  The GSL source directory (if that's what you
mean by "gsl/ directory") is then no longer needed, if all you want to
do is compile/link against the GSL.
-- mj