[Help-gsl] binary arithmatics

From: Fred J.
Subject: [Help-gsl] binary arithmatics
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:46:08 -0800 (PST)

   Dear gsl users

  I looked around for a package which can help me with the task of binary
arithmetic but still wondering how to get this problem solved.

  example:
  given the addition operation of 2 real numbers to equal as below
   99.30
     2.11
  ===
  102.09  <--- desired output as explained below

  the decimal point is for ease or reading and does carry the usual meaning.

  the numbers t0 the right of the decimal point are added
  30
  11
  ===
  41
  divided by 32 equal 1 with a reminder of 9

  the numbers to the left of the decimal point are added
  99
    2
  ===
  101
     1     which is carried from above
  ===
  102

  put together 102.09, again the decimal point doesn't carry the usual meaning
but only for ease of reading.
  the same principle  above is needed to alse apply for other operations like
subtraction,

  thank you