Re: [Help-gsl] some questions

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] some questions
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 21:44:09 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 06.04.2006, 23:52 +0200 schrieb Jochen Küpper:
> Raphael Mack <address@hidden> writes:
> > Am I just to blind to see some C macro or is there at the moment no
> > way to e. g. add to gsl_complex_float values?
>
> See
> ,----[ (info "(gsl-ref)Complex arithmetic operators") ]
> |  -- Function: gsl_complex gsl_complex_add (gsl_complex A, gsl_complex B)
> |      This function returns the sum of the complex numbers A and B,
> |      z=a+b.
> `----

I don't see your point. I've read this as:
This function returns the sum of the complex numbers A and B, being of
type gsl_complex.
Because as I (recursively) look into gsl_matrix, I see
gsl_matrix_add(gsl_matrix *a, const gsl_matrix *b) AND
gsl_matrix_float_add(gsl_matrix_float * a, const gsl_matrix_float *b).
For the complex functions this is not the case, and I wonder how/whether
it is possible to do

gsl_complex_float z, a, b;
GSL_SET_COMPLEX(&z, 1.3, 3.5);    // this MACRO works for floats, too
a = gsl_complex_add_FLOAT(z, z);  // see the float here

> and probably also
> ,----[ (info "(gsl-ref)Data types") ]
> | All the functions are available for each of the standard data-types.
> | The versions for `double' have the prefix `gsl_block', `gsl_vector' and
> | `gsl_matrix'.  Similarly the versions for single-precision `float'
> | arrays have the prefix `gsl_block_float', `gsl_vector_float' and
> | `gsl_matrix_float'.  The full list of available types is given below,
> [...]
> |    Corresponding types exist for the `gsl_vector' and `gsl_matrix'
> | functions.
> `----

Yes, that's what I expected, but for complex I didn't find the code /
the headers for that...

Rapha