[Help-gsl] linking problems for beginner

From: Sung, Raymond CW
Subject: [Help-gsl] linking problems for beginner
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:52:47 +0100

Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile GSL on an SGI machine running IRIX 6.5. I am wanting to
use the 64-bit libraries but I am getting the following error message:

ld64: FATAL 12: Expecting 64-bit objects: cblas/.libs/libgslcblas.a is 32-bit.

Being a newcomer to makefiles I'm not 100% sure on the tip given in the INSTALL
file for 64-bit compilation:

CC=cc CFLAGS="-64" LDFLAGS="-64" ./configure

Does this mean setting each of the options separately or are all the options
meant to be all on the one line in the makefile?

Also where does the ./configure option go in the makefile?

I've already ran the './configure' command before 'make' command with and
without the '--disabled-shared' option.

I managed to compile, link and install using the 32-bit libraries without
problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Raymond.