Re: [Help-gsl] gsl on mac os x

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl on mac os x
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:34:27 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

Yes, this is certainly possible, I'm living proof!

The best way it to install using DarwinPorts.

1) Download darwin ports from: http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/ downloads/DarwinPorts-1.2.1-10.4.dmg

2) update the port list by type this in the terminal: sudo port -d selfupdate

3) Is gsl an available port (the answer is yes) search by typing: port list gsl

        4) Install it, type: sudo port install gsl

5) Have lots of coffee! (Installation can take quite a while because your building form source so probably best to leave it over night - I can't remember how long it took to build for me - sorry).

Good luck!

Dan.