Re: [Help-gsl] Additional parameters in Non-linear least-squares fitting

From: Martin Jansche
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Additional parameters in Non-linear least-squares fitting?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:58:24 -0400

On 7/30/06, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:

I need to pass additional parameters to the functions used by the N-L L-S
fitting
routines.  The functions I want to fit may have 6 parameters but I want to vary
only 3 during the fit.

This means that, as far as the GSL API is concerned, you want to fit a
function with three parameters.  Additional parameters can be passed
via the void *params argument of the component f of the structure
gsl_multifit_function.  You may want to write one or more wrapper
routines that take a vector of parameters plus a boolean vector
indicating which parameters you want to vary as arguments and return
an appropriate gsl_multifit_function.

Regards,
-- mj