Re: [Help-gsl] acosh, getting consistent results from GSL and Guile

From: John D Lamb
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] acosh, getting consistent results from GSL and Guile
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:47:22 +0100

Marco Maggi wrote:
>   I am thinking about replacing 'gsl_complex_arccosh()' (and
> some  other functions)  with  my own  implementation, but  I
> would like  to know  if there is  a specific reason  for the
> different choice in GSL.
GSL implements the BSD math versions of trig and hyperbolic trig
functions. IIRC these follow some standard (IEEE?)
There are some reasons to use different versions (many cpus have sin,
cos, sincos, exp, log and atan built in and so are faster, but don't
give precisely the same results). I don't know how guile calculates
these functions.

--
JDL