[Help-gsl] Re: Matlab 7 x GSL

From: David Klein
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: Matlab 7 x GSL
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:56:58 +0300

Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:32:53 -0300
From: Robinson Pizzio <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Matlab 7 x GSL
To: Wei Cheng <address@hidden>, Lista GSL <address@hidden>

Hello Wei,

thanks for your answer to my question.
The point now is: I am working with huge matrices (at least 1024x1024,
typically 5000x3000, at most 7000x5000).
In this case you say that Matlab is faster than GSL ?
How about for loops? Do you think Matlab can run loops faster than C
language?
I do need loops to solve my problem which is a kind of exhaustive test
for error probability.
Have you test memory charge also? I guess Matlab is so memory consuming.

With the size of matrices you are talking about, I would expect any
loop over head to be totally negligible.