[Help-gsl] compiling gsl-1.8 with a 64-bit configuration

From: Nassim Jibai
Subject: [Help-gsl] compiling gsl-1.8 with a 64-bit configuration
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:34:11 +0300

Hello,

    This is Nassim, system administrator at the Center for Advanced Mathematical
   Sciences at the American University of Beitut.

   I am currently installing gsl-1.8 on our IBM cluster with an AIX-5.1
   operating system.

   How can I configure the gsl library to compile as a 64-bit library?

   I tried the following and everytime I execute the make command it crashes.

   % CC="xlc" CFLAGS="-q64" ./configure
   % make

   % CC="xlc_r" CFLAGS="-q64" ./configure
   % make