Re: [Help-gsl] GSL and MSVC

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL and MSVC
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:22:49 -0600

On 16/11/06, Timothy Chan <address@hidden> wrote:
I am running Microsoft Visual Studio 7.1. I am trying to run the following
sample code:
[snip]
But I get the error:

source.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsl_sf_bessel_J0
referenced in function _main

That's a linker error. It means either you didn't compile GSL itself
or if you did, you didn't put it in a place that your compiler can
find it.

BTW, has GSL been ported to non-free compilers? The only installation
instructions I found for The Other Operating System referred to
Cygwin.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.