[Help-gsl] Forward: FSF year-end fund-raiser for our 2007 campaigns

From: Brian Gough
Subject: [Help-gsl] Forward: FSF year-end fund-raiser for our 2007 campaigns
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:39:29 +0000

Just to let you know, the FSF is running a fund-raising campaign for
2007.  There is a target of 300 new members.

If you find GNU software useful and want to support free software,
joining the FSF is a good way to do that - it costs $10 per month (or
$5 for students).  The money helps to support FSF campaigns and the
running costs of the GNU development infrastructure.

To join or find out more, go to http://www.fsf.org/

On that page there is a new video message from Eben Moglen, FSF's
legal advisor, with an overview of their plans for next year regarding
Microsoft, software patents and DRM.

Thanks for your time.  Have a good Christmas and New Year.

--
Brian Gough
(GSL Maintainer)

From: Peter Brown <address@hidden>
Subject: FSF year-end fund-raiser for our 2007 campaigns

We are announcing today the beginning of our year-end fund-raiser for
our 2007 campaigns for software freedom. Our modest target is 300 new
FSF members or $50,000 - comes first: http://www.fsf.org/

Your support today will also ensure that we can continue our anti-DRM
campaign, DefectiveByDesign.org, which has to date:

 * secured the pledges of over 15,000 technologists to take
   action to stop DRM

 * organized the hugely successful "Oct 3rd Day Against DRM"

 * delivered a clear message, through major press coverage
   of our actions, that DRM is anti-user and anti-consumer.

Visit http://www.fsf.org/ now to view Eben Moglen's appeal, in which he
discusses the Microsoft and Novell deal, GPLv3, DRM and software
patents.

Please help us reach our target. Spread the word and forward this e-mail
or the video link, invite a friend to join or donate to the FSF, ask
your company to become an FSF patron.

The FSF campaign for software freedom needs your support.

Thanks.

--
Peter Brown
Executive Director