Re: [Help-gsl] help

From: Sergey Mkrtchyan
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] help
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:29:04 +0400

Luz Stella Gomez Fajardo wrote:
Hi,

I need to install the gsl. When i install it appears two error messages. I send
this konsole in the attached file. Thanks in advanced.

--
Luz Stella Gómez Fajardo
Departamento de Física

I don't know the exact reason, but I can suggest following:

1. Remove what you have already done using "make uninstall", make sure that there is no /usr/local/include/gsl/ directory there. 2. Login as root, I myself had the same problem from my user account(with "su", of course). Start with the fresh install :

% ./configure 2>&1 |tee configure-out
% make 2>&1 |tee make-out

Instead of doing "make install" I would advise to use "checkinstall" (can be
downloaded from Pbone) to create an RPM for your system(if it is an rpm based system) and
installing rpm is easy. In case some error occurs you will be able to reverse your system easily.

If I can help further, let me know, I'll try.

Best regards,
Sergey

--
A----T   Sergey Mkrtchyan,