[Help-gsl] problems in gsl_siman_solve

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: [Help-gsl] problems in gsl_siman_solve
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:32:43 +0100

Ciao

in GSL 1.8 am I correct in saying that in function
'gsl_siman_solve()' in "siman.c" on line 116 and 125
there should be a call to:

   destructor(x);

before overwriting 'x' with the accepted new configuration?

Also, at the end of the function, line 158, the start
configuration is overwritten without a call to:

   destructor(x0_p);

I see that the metric function is not used in
'gsl_siman_solve()' and used only for progress report
in 'gsl_siman_solve_many()': is it possible to document
this and allow it to be NULL? It can take time to design
such a function...

--
Marco Maggi

"They say jump!, you say how high?"
Rage Against the Machine - "Bullet in the Head"