[Help-gsl] How to solve a linear equation system with left (lower) trian

From: Alexander Morgenstern
Subject: [Help-gsl] How to solve a linear equation system with left (lower) triangle matrix in gsl?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 04:26:22 +0100

Hello Folks,

I am new to the list and just started learning about gsl. So at first I
say "hello" to everyone.

Now my (hopefully not too stupid) question: I want to solve a linear
equation system of the form:

Lx = b

With L being a left (lower) triangle matrix. In the gsl reference i
found so far only the functions gsl_linalg_R_solve and gsl_linalg_R_svx
which solve eqn. systems of the form

Rx = b

with R being a right (upper) triangle matrix. Of course i could just
reverse all columns and rows in L and then use gsl_linalg_R_solve or
whatever, but there must be a simpler way (?).

Alexander.