[Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??

From: Jigal A
Subject: [Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:47:34 +0200

Hi there.

I'm a newbie in GSL and in particular, the GSL mailing list, so apologies in
advance... hopefuly the questions are not too dumb... here goes:

I was wondering about the possibility to turn GSL into a set of C++ template
classes (yep, I know, big job...) where one of the template parameters would
be the floating point type (usually double, right?).

The reasoning is whether the entire set of GSL functionality can be reused,
unchanged, on arbitrary precision numbers, or alternatively, on the new
decimal floating point numbers, etc.
One more use, would be, e.g., using of Intel's extended precision (long
double), which is usually not available in other platforms.

One of the issues, regardless of the coding itself, is ensuring that
standard library functions used by GSL need to be provided for the other
numeric types, I guess. Are there any such calls?

What are your opinion/thoughts about this?

Thanx,
--
Jigal A.