Re: [Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??

From: Paulo Jabardo
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:52:26 -0300 (ART)

I use TNT extensively and I like it very much at least
as a container for arrays. Another alternative that is
much larger and much more complete is uBlas. It
provides interfaces using expression templates for all
sorts of matrices (full, sparse, etc) but I haven't
used it. Apparently it even includes bindings to
libraries such as atlas, lapack, umfpack and others.

As for math parser, I recommend using Lua. It is a
scripting language very well suited to embedding. As
far as scripting languages go it is very fast, very
small and easy to use and extend. I think it is better
solution than a simple math parser because
applications tend to grow and so do their needs and in
such cases lua is perfect.

Paulo Jabardo