[Help-gsl] Linking problems with gsl

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: [Help-gsl] Linking problems with gsl
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:00:35 +0100

I've installed gsl 1.9 from source on Ubuntu 7.04 and am having trouble
linking programs with the library.

My Makefile includes the use of C flags -I/usr/local/include and
-L/usr/local/lib along with the library calls -lgsl, -lgslcblas and -lm.
 However, when I attempt to run the program I still get the message,

error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

... yet a simple glance at /usr/local/lib reveals that libgsl.so.0 is
indeed present.

What could be wrong?  Since I included the appropriate -L command during
compiling I don't understand why I'm getting this error.  Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

    -- Joe