Re: [Help-gsl] RK4 Help required

From: Simpson, Kenneth
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] RK4 Help required
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:45:17 -0700

If the charges are electrical charges, typically one looks
at the resultant force on one of charges due to the other
charges.

Hence, for a particular i, say i=1, one sums the forces on i
due to other j charges, namely, j=2,3,4.

And if you're looking for x(t) for the charges, you need to
write the the 2nd order force equation as two coupled 1st order
equations:

      dv/dt=Columb's Law
      dx/dt=v

-- Ken