[Help-gsl] const gsl_odeiv_step_type

From: Frank Hrebabetzky
Subject: [Help-gsl] const gsl_odeiv_step_type
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 15:52:48 -0300

Hi everybody,

The ODE example program contains the line

  const gsl_odeiv_step_type * T = gsl_odeiv_step_rk8pd;

This way, the algorithm is determined at compile time, but I want to let
the user choose. so I tried

  const gsl_odeiv_step_type * T;
  T = &gsl_odeiv_step_rk8pd;

and got a compiler warning about incompatible pointer types. (This way,
the algorithm would be determined at compile time too, but the second
line could be replaced by a switch statement.) Next trial was

  const gsl_odeiv_step_type * T;
  T = (gsl_odeiv_step_type *)&gsl_odeiv_step_rk8pd;

This one compiled without any problem, but execution resulted in a
segmentation fault (whereas the original version from the ODE example
worked).

I am aware that this is more a C than a gsl question, but I don't know
where else to post it.

Thanks in advance,
--
Frank Hrebabetzky               +55 / 48 / 3235 1106
Florianopolis, Brazil