[Help-gsl] questions about using GSL's ODE solver?

From: Michael
Subject: [Help-gsl] questions about using GSL's ODE solver?
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 00:32:26 -0700

Hi all,

I am new to GSL's ODE solver and I began to use it because Matlab is
slow and I have to call the ODE solver thousands of millions of times.

My questions are:

1. In Matlab, I can provide a vector of times, and Matlab will return
a vector of solutions at these specified times. Is there a way to do
this in GSL ODE solver? I couldn't find a good way to handle this. I
want to solve the system of ODEs at 5, 7, 9, 11 seconds, and I only
want solutions at these points. How to do that? I hope I don't need to
repeat to run the solver for different time points, otherwise that's
just too slow. Time is critical to me.

2. Are there any ways to further speed up from internal of the solver?
I am thinking of providing a vector of parameters(hence a vector of
different ODEs) and solve them in a batch!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best,

Michael.