Re: [Help-gsl] Looking for good codes for 2D numerical integrals...

From: Frank Hrebabetzky
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Looking for good codes for 2D numerical integrals...
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:51:39 -0300

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 28/06/07, Frank Hrebabetzky <address@hidden> wrote:
>> And as always: it should be prohibited to post here on numerical
>> problems before having looked it up in the bible: the Numerical
>> Recipies ;-)
>
> You mean the highly non-free and excessively Fortranised bible?
>
> Honestly, writing C code as if it were Fortran (and old Fortran at
> that) is just not my cup of tea. Nor is their license terms for their
> code. Their code is so hard to read compared to GSL code, or at least
> that's my impression.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

You might be right; the reason why I recommend the book are the
excellent introductions into the numerical mathematics of a bunch of
areas. And there are several areas where you need a basic understanding
to be able to select algorithms and apply them.

--
Frank Hrebabetzky               +55 / 48 / 3235 1106
Florianopolis, Brazil