[Help-gsl] Does GSL or IMSL or GMP or MPFR have high precision hypergeom

From: Michael
Subject: [Help-gsl] Does GSL or IMSL or GMP or MPFR have high precision hypergeometric function 2F1?
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:52:21 -0400

Does GSL or IMSL or GMP or MPFR have high precision hypergeometric function 2F1?

Hi all,

I am looking for a high/multiple precision hypergeometric function
2F1(a, b, c, z) implementation. My application needs b and c to be
very large, and it is beyond the range of double precision.

More specifically, I hope I will be able to looking into the multiple
precision implementation of the hypergeometric function 2F1(a, b, c,
z) and change the power series

a0+a1*z+a2*z^2+a3*z^3+...

into

a0+a1*z1+a2*z2+a3*z3+...

where z1, z2, z3, ... are user supplied high precision numbers.

The whole evaluation of the hypergeometric function has to be
extremely fast for my application.

Could anybody shed some lights?

Thanks a lot!