Re: [Help-gsl] Re: Question regarding integration.

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: Question regarding integration.
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 01:10:56 -0400

Hi folks,

Have anybody had experience with MC or QMC on 1D integrations?

My trouble is that it is a very complicated complex line integral(by
changing of variable, it is now a real line integral, but the
integrand is complex-valued, and the final integrated result is real),
on infinite interval.

My integrator has to work for all combinations of parameters. So my
integrator met a lot of numerical difficulty if the integrand is not
very well-behaved for some combinations of parameters. There is no
smart way to adapt the integral itself to the changing parameters.
Truncating point is another big headache.

All in all, there is a lot of trouble in numerical integration. I am
very interested in hearing your comments about MC or QMC for 1D
difficult integrations, both in terms speed and accuracy. Thanks a
lot!