Re: [Help-gsl] Java GNU Scientific Library first release

From: Simpson, Kenneth
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Java GNU Scientific Library first release
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 12:07:26 -0700

>I wonder if the following line in the Makefile is actually correct:
>
>gcc -shared *.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -o libjgsl.so
>
>Maybe it should just say
>
>gcc -shared *.o -o libjgsl.so

I tried your suggestion regarding linking - it breaks everyting - throws
an exception.

I backed out the linking and then hacked your Jgsl.java to read

  public class Jgsl {
    public static void init() {
        try {
                System.loadLibrary("jgsl");
        } catch (UnsatisfiedLinkError e) {
                throw new UnsatisfiedLinkError("Fail to load jgsl library : " +
                   e.getMessage() +
                   "\nCheck LD_LIBRARY_PATH");
        }
    }
  }

and set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to libjgsl.so.

The run times were essentially identical. So moving the shared library outside
of
the jar file had no impact.

And when I applied the linking suggestion to the library when it's outside the
jar file
it producted an identical exception.

Incidently, I'm using GSL 1.9.

-- Ken