Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_linalg_LU_decomp Function

From: m . p . boulton
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_linalg_LU_decomp Function
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:02:39 +0100

> >    gsl_permutation_init(indx);
>
> Oh, by the way, this line is also not needed for an LU factorisation.
> The permutation doesn't need to be initialised to the identity
> permutation for gsl_linalg_lu_decomp(...), it's only workspace in
> which the function will return some information.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Thanks for all the replies.

Since the length of  'indx' is the same as 'matrix', your earlier post about the
square matrix got me thinking. However, I am now certain that 'matrix' has
dimensions (mat_size + 1) * (mat_size + 1), thus making it square.

Are their any other conditions on the use of LU permutations in GSL?

Kind Regards,

Matt