Re: [Help-gsl] Does my thesis have to be GPLed?

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Does my thesis have to be GPLed?
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:25:09 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

Just checking, for my thesis, I've been using the GSL, and I plan to
distribute my code.

Does this mean that I have to GPL my thesis? Not that I have any
complaints with doing so; just curious. This would be the first time
that I feel the effects of the GPL as a developer, if this is the
case. :-)

IANAL, but I think your code doesn't have to be GPL-ed if it is only dynamically linked with the GSL library. It would if it were statically linked.

Gordan